Each council plans a segment of the conference to address points of interest to wholesale distributors and vendors active in their particular segment of business.
HARDI councils are not exclusive. Conference attendees are invited and encouraged to attend all the council forums to stay abreast of the latest developments in the industry.
Additionally, councils are always looking for interested, contributing participants.
- Controls Distributors (Sunday, October 7; 9:45 – 11:45 a.m.)
- This council is committed to improving the dialogue between controls manufacturers and distributors and fostering a program of continuing education to ultimately serve their contracting customers. (Note: The Sunday morning Controls Steering Council forum is open to wholesale distributors only.)
- HVAC Systems and Equipment (Sunday, October 7; 9:45 – 11:45 a.m.)
- This group is focused on the exchange of ideas and issues facing members in the equipment and supplies segment of the industry. Subcouncils focus on ducted and ductless systems, hydronics, and co-generation/renewables.
- Refrigeration and Refrigerants (Sunday, October 7; 2 – 3:30 p.m.)
- This council addresses the concerns of manufacturers, distributors, and their customers relating to refrigerant products and applications. Subcouncils focus on refrigerants, refrigeration equipment, and recovery and reclamation.
Most HARDI initiatives are formed at our committee and council meetings. Conference attendees are invited and encouraged to attend and actively participate in these discussions.
- Distribution/Logistics Management (Sunday, October 7; 3:45 – 5:15 p.m.)
- Concentrates on logistical and distribution issues with a focus on the promotion and development of electronic commerce in the HVACR industry.
- Former Presidents Advisory (Sunday, October 7; 3:45 – 5:15 p.m.)
- The qualifications are rather obvious. The committee functions to offer suggestions and comments for the good of the association.
- Government & Trade Relations (Monday, October 8; 8:45 – 10:15 a.m.)
- Focuses on providing timely information on pending legislation and government regulations affecting the industry.
- Impact (Sunday, October 7; 9:45 – 11:45 a.m.)
- Drives awareness and identifies opportunities for participation in philanthropic projects on a local, national, and international level. This includes involvement with Homes for Our Troops, a national non-profit 501c 3 organization based in Taunton, MA, founded by John Gonsalves in 2004 (www.homesforourtroops.org).
- Insurance & Risk Management (Sunday, October 7; 2 – 3:30 p.m.)
- Oversees the group insurance programs offered through HARDI membership and discusses trends in the business insurance markets. The committee is currently working on new wellness and prescription drug benefit programs among other things and is actively seeking additional member input.
- Management Methods (Monday, October 8; 10:30 a.m. – Noon)
- Supports members with the tools and services to help run their operations and oversees the TRENDS and Annual Profit Report programs. Benchmarking in all aspects is the core work of this committee which includes financial, employment, and workforce issues. The committee also often assists HARDI in developing policy positions on business-related issues. Subcommittees focus on benchmarking and TRENDS, performance tools and best practices, and supplier/distributor profitability.
- Plan & Spec (Monday, October 8; 8:45 - 10:15 a.m.) INVITATION ONLY
- Focuses on the needs of those distributors whose businesses are involved in the plan and spec market. Many supplier members whose products are directed primarily to this market are also very much involved in the workings of this committee.
- Professional Development & Training (Monday, October 8; 8:45 – 10:15 a.m.)
- Defines and directs services and products to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities for the HVACR industry. Subcommittees focus on career development and executive development.
- Sheet Metal/Air Handling Materials (Sunday, October 7; 2 – 3:30 p.m.)
- This group has a special interest in the galvanized steel business and serves as the industry resource for trends via monthly calls, white papers, and trade publications. The monthly calls help participating HARDI members keep up to date on very current market conditions and serves as an informational forum for anyone with an interest in galvanized steel whether buying, selling or producing products. The committee meeting is open to all and will be a continuation of the topics covered in our monthly conference calls with additional informational presentations.
- Supplier Members and Manufacturers Rep (Sunday, October 7; 3:45 – 5:15 p.m.)
- As the name implies, these committees focus on the needs and concerns of supplier members and manufacturers reps. These committees set all policies affecting supplier members and manufacturers reps.
- Supply Chain Technologies (Monday, October 8; 8:45 – 10:15 a.m.)
- Focuses on e-commerce, B2B technology and social media initiative within the HVACR supply chain. This committee evolved from Distribution/Logistics Management due to the growth and importance of its focus.
- Sustainable Building (Monday, October 8; 10:30 a.m. – Noon)
- Reviews, analyzes, and assesses opportunities for energy savings and sales growth for HARDI members. Reports concise and relevant information to members to help improve the environment and their businesses.
NATE Distributor Meeting
- NATE Distributor Meeting (Sunday, October 7; 2 – 3:30 p.m.)
- Open to all interested members of HARDI. The group meets to discuss and share ideas on promoting NATE (North American Technical Excellence) through the distribution chain. Members share best practices and brainstorm on how to offer testing and/or training to contractors and their technicians.
Open Meeting Policy
All council and committee meetings are open to all members and guests. Active participation is encouraged.
Certain forums may center on specific operations or study that necessitates the council or committee to serve by invitation. In such cases, the core participants will be so identified at the meeting table. Observers are welcome to attend the meeting and may be asked to participate at the call of the meeting chairs.
A council or committee forum, or portion thereof, may be open to only distributor members or supplier members when specifically stated in advance by the chair of the respective council or committee.